Friday, May 6, 2016

Springtime Inspiration....Pinterest, projects and progress



Hello Ladies!

 Oh, the joys of springtime here!

 With the weather so wishy-washy it sure is hard to get outdoor projects accomplished. So, in the meantime I'm working on some tasks inside to get my spring fever under control! Starting with my gardening desires...in Montana it is very hard to guage when to start your seeds and outdoor flowers. So, I took to Pinterest for some inspiring gardening ideas.

 Now, if we were all to be completely honest with ourselves, (I mean it!) we can admit to our Pinterest addiction. Yup....you, me, and every other woman out there. If you don't have Pinterest in your life, quite frankly, I feel sorry for you. Seriously! You are missing out on feeding your creative side.

  I have at least 20 different boards bursting with decor, recipes, fashion ideas, inspiring quotes, cute little animals, and the most important....drum roll please! The glorified D-I-Y board. We ALL have this board, mostly full of things we will never, ever, get around to doing but have the best of intentions. I kept adding and adding pins to this board....then one day it hit me. Why? When? How? Let me go a little deeper on this.....


#1 Why? Why do I have this project on my board? Does it make me happy? Can it improve my home? Will it improve my life? Yes. Ok, check!

#2 When? When am I going to actually do this marvelous, wonderful project I liked the idea of enough to pin it to my board? Time to prioritize and accomplish this!

#3 How? HOW am I going to find the time to begin, complete, and accomplish this project (and 50 others on the same board)?

My solution to these questions: One project at a time! Now, I didn't want to overwhelm myself, so I picked the simplest pin on the board. Easy peasy! On to the next one, I've got this....



Let me show you just a few completed projects I have accomplished, one at a time:

Ribbon bracelet
     Burlap ribbon from Wal-Mart.........

Into ruffled garland

Headband from fabric and elastic (Thanks sister for being my model!)


So, my fellow cowgirls and homemakers....I want to inspire you to pick one project you have been putting off and just go for it. There is something so invigorating and inspiring when you get to exercise your creative side. It's also a great stress reliever! I would love to see pics of projects you have accomplished, whether it be pinterest inspired or from your own imagination....comment or message me with your project accomplishment! I can't wait to see!

You can view my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/CowgirltoHomemaker for some fun cowgirl jewelry I made, that my Pinterest obsession has helped to inspire! It's a fun hobby and a way for me to continue to feed my creative side as well as express my passion for western fashion.

Another great reason I love Pinterest is for the unlimited supply of inspirational quotes....I love this for a little pick me up when I'm feeling blue or an extra push to motivate myself to accomplish my goals. Here are some of my favorites:

 :

"She decided to start living the life she imagined."









Positivity:

Here is a thought to brew over for a bit: What sort of progress do you want to see in your life this week, month or year? We should always be progressing, growing, and learning. Find a way to progress to improve your purpose, no matter how small or simple it may be. Progress is progress :-)

Until next time, live each day to your fullest.....some people never wake to see tomorrow. How are you going to make the most of your gift? The gift of today.


No comments:

Post a Comment