Friday, May 17, 2013

Welcome to our lifestyle!!



Hey Y'all!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Cowgirl to Homemaker! I have so many fun things to share with you. From cowgirl tips and tricks to easy and flavorful recipes in the kitchen to grow-it-yourself ranch ideas....so follow me as I walk through this wonderful thing called life as a wife, cowgirl, and up and coming homemaker!

love!


My husband and I live in a beautiful part of Washington State, known for its everlasting greenery and farmlands. We live on 5 acres and enjoy raising our own veggies and meat.  Our dreams of living a lifestyle that seems to be fading away with the hustle and bustle of this day and age drives us to get back in the dirt and roots and improve our homesteading skills.
 But, we haven't quit our day jobs yet! My husband is the bread winner of this team and I work for a great farm and ranch store as their animal health associate, on my days off I continue to coach and guide students on their horsemanship goals and dreams. 



 My family lives on a beautiful place in a small town in the middle of Nevada, my home state. My sisters are also very accomplished cowgirls and I am very proud of them. All of us barrel race and have dreams of going Pro in the future. 

 My parents are very supportive of all of us and make the best rodeo parents any daughter could ask for. My mom and stepdad have another little cowgirl on the way, due in just a few weeks, Charlie Ann, and Darren and I will be making the 13 hour drive to the Nevada to meet her!

Cowgirl ❤

Before I married my husband, I was a horse trainer and coach back in Nevada. I started my first ranch at 15 years old and graduated high school at 16 to train horses full time. From working with troubled horses and starting BLM mustangs under saddle, to coaching youth and adults on their horsemanship journeys, I loved every minute of it....but all good things must come to an end! After several times of hitting the ground, (or the fence) from helping horses through their baggage; and that unavoidable barrel racing accident that almost ended my career, as well as my horse Gus, this cowgirl's body was spent. So I took time off to heal and redirect where I wanted to go with my life.

Amen!

 Now, two and 1/2 years later I am healed and back to barrel racing, working full time, married to the love of my life, and making handmade goods. Oh, and Gus healed a lot quicker than me and is now my younger sister, Bailey's barrel horse. 

 I will keep you all updated on all of our journeys, from my sisters and family, to my husband and I's adventures on ranching and raising livestock, to what's new and happening here in Washington.... So cinch your horse, pull down your hat and let's take it back country style!

God bless you and yours!
-Loagan

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! i love it!! LIke the the look and feel! miss you! love mama

    ReplyDelete